Posted by H.Jennings on 1/14/2020 to
The clouds seemed to break for a moment and sunlight swept on the Natural Grocer sign in Medford, OR that early December day when the first delivery of Nectar of Life Coffee was brought in. The store features some of our best sellers: Ultimate Espresso, Morning Dew, Happy Place, and Colombia. Most blends are available in both whole bean and drip grind.
Natural Grocer is a chain of Natural/Organic grocery stores that sells everything from vitamins (they used to be under the name Vitamin Cottage until they expanded the market about 10 years ago) to fresh, seasonal vegetables and fruit. You will find local products from small scale farms, dairy items, and personal care products. The staff is friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable.
Natural Grocers makes a point to feature companies like ours that are women owned, and locally produced. For that reason, we would love for you ALL to stop in and see what they offer. You will be pleasantly surprised by the quality and prices.
With the product on the shelves, now it is time to sell it all! We are currently looking to bring on one person to help us with product demonstrations. The pay is $50.00 for a three hour demo. We would prefer someone that LOVES coffee, but it is not required.
Here are some additional details:
1. You need to have your own transportation. We do not offer any additional travel or meal expenses as the time slot is only 3 hours in a row.
2. You will need to have a GREAT attitude. We expect you to smile and interact with almost every customer that walks by the table during the demo.
3. The demo time MUST be coordinated with the store manager for the "busy" time. We will not approve evening demonstrations as most people are "done" with coffee.
4. You will need to do BEFORE demonstration inventory and AFTER demonstration inventory. Pictures will need to be taken of the table, and the in-line product once the demo is done.
5. Must be able to lift/carry at least 25 lbs. You will need to be able to bring in a brewer, set up and carry a table etc. The display will need to be eye-catching and kept full during the demo.
6. You must be able to stand the full 3 hours. Sitting down makes folks look unapproachable, and we need to make sure we have the most approachable staff around!
7. You will be provided with everything you need to make the demo a success.
If you would like to apply for the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR position listed above (this means you are not directly an employee of Nectar of Life, but rather representing the product. You will be provided with a list of hours worked, and the compensation you received at the end of each demo. You are required to report the earnings under "self-employment" for tax purposes) please email your resume, a cover letter, and references to [email protected] In the subject line, please reference the Medford Natural Grocer Demo Position.